Work with Us
CALL FOR INDEPENDENT INTERNS
Do you have what it takes to help your community grow?
Do you have a few extra hours a week? Want to make a difference across the globe?
We’re looking for Independent Interns for the 2017 INsig2 LawTech Europe Congress to promote and sustain its mission! LTEC seeks Interns, both remote and in-person, to work with and support the activities of the LTEC Global Team as we prepare for the November 6th and 7th LTEC Congress. Interns report directly to their assigned Team Member and indirectly to the Team as a whole. See more at: www.lawtecheuropecongress.com
In order of importance, the responsibilities of Independent Interns are to:
- 1. Sign and maintain a Confidentiality Agreement
- 2. Assist in cross-checking current contact lists, as well as generating a contact list of companies in Belgium and in the US whose missions are in line with LTEC topics: legal, forensics, data analytics, technology, and cyber-security
- 3. Assist in cross-checking current contact lists, as well as generating a contact list of potential sponsors in Belgium and in the US
- 4. Update current contact lists, as needed or requested
- 5. Personally deliver information to pertinent firms and agencies within your district (Brussels, D.C., NYC, etc.)
- 6. Assist in raising funds through grants and other fundraising sources
- 7. Promote the mission and activities of LTEC
- 8. Represent the organization at events related to international issues when appropriate
- 9. Occasionally assist with scheduling and/or preparing requested materials for meetings and for the LTEC Congress in November
- 10. Assist in coordinating and supporting LTEC activities
- 11. Various administrative tasks as assigned
This position is a professional opportunity for someone who seeks to build her/his résumé, as well as to acquire excellent references and valuable skills in the non-profit and for-profit sectors, and to network with influential members of the global legal and tech communities.
Requirements for candidacy: recently graduated from a degree program (five years max) or currently enrolled in a degree program; excellent interpersonal communication skills; detail-oriented; self-motivated; tech-oriented (social media, Google Drive, LinkedIn, etc.); organized; innovative; friendly; and outgoing; English proficiency; access to reliable transportation, technology and internet.
Preferred qualities/qualifications for candidacy: experience with event planning, demonstrated proficiency in common office software, Internet, and social media (i.e. Word, Excel, Publisher, Facebook, Twitter, web-based content management systems, etc.), fundraising, office management, marketing, etc.; Dutch and/or French language proficienc.
This position is part time and unpaid, requires a flexible time schedule and includes both day and evening activities. While unpaid, Independent Interns are eligible to earn access to register for the INsig2 LawTech Europe Congress as a Delegate, a value of GBP 290+. Registration includes admission to all track sessions and the exhibition area, Congress bag and final program, coffee and lunch breaks, and admission to the Welcome Drinks and Networking Dinner. Registration does not include travel or lodging.
Please send (in one email, preferably in one PDF document and/or with a link to a Google Drive Folder):
- your CV
- a writing sample of no more than three type-written pages in English
- the names and contact information of two academic references and one professional reference
- A motivation letter of no more than 500 words, which specifically includes the following:
- a link to one or more of your social media accounts, which you believe best reflects your personality and interests, and
- your preference(s) for Internship focus
- Membership & Development
- Marketing/Social Media
- Community Engagement
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following as the subject heading: “[YOUR NAME, LOCATION]: Applicant for 2016 LTEC Internship”. Applicants will begin to be contacted for interviews in mid- to late May 2016. The internship would start immediately and may be eligible for university credit. If you wish to also have the Internship considered for university credit, please let us know in your cover letter.
DEADLINE: July 31st, 2017, @ 11:59 pm CET (Central European Time)
TIME COMMITMENT: Interns dedicate no less than 10 hours per week for LTEC, including Skype voice conference calls on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1:00 pm (13:00) Central European Time.
- See more at: www.lawtecheuropecongress.com